Photographing All Of Yavapai County In Central Arizona And Beyond
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Powder Box Church Again
Another picture of the Powder Box Church. This view shows the Douglas Mansion on the hill in the background, now Jerome State Historic Park. The mansion was built in 1916 at a cost of $150,000.00. The Douglas family owned the mine. The Powder Box church was actually called the Mexican Methodist Church. The nickname was built of scrap wood from the discarded dynamite boxes. It is now a private residence.