Saturday, February 8, 2014

Driving To Alaska...Stone Sheep

It is the weekend again so I am continuing the Alaska road trip pictures. In the Muncho Lake area of British Columbia we didn't see many other people but there were plenty of Stone Sheep on the road. They were licking these rocks as we drove up but stopped to look at us driving by. They get some minerals that they need from these rocks.
In this picture you can see how close the rocks are to the road going through the pass. Still plenty of snow around in May.












9 comments:

Andy said...

Super photos! I wish I had the traction that these sheep have.

Kate said...

Oh, my Gad. . .snow in May? I would flee.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

It is amazing how animals with hoofs can be so sure-footed on steep, rocky terrain.

EG CameraGirl said...

Hmmm. Not a lot of room to pull off the highway in case of emergency. But I guess there's enough as there isn't much traffic.

Sharon said...

The drive in this area must have been beautiful. I love the way the sheep is looking at you.

Lowell said...

Thank you for sharing these. I give you credit for taking such a trip...looks like it could be a lonely road. Love the sheep pics. Look like the Bighorn sheep in Colorado. Sort of. :)

Susie of Arabia said...

What a wonderful trip! Interesting wildlife and gorgeous scenery.

Catalyst said...

I was expecting sheep carved out of stone!

Randy said...

Amazing photos.